What if I have more than one student?

In New York State, the amount is $420 per student. If you have three (3) NYC public school students in your household, your automatic benefit is $420 per each student. There are no limits or exceptions.

What if I have more than one child, in different NYC public schools?

While the timeline may vary, you will receive $420 per each student. How and when you receive the benefit for each student may vary based on their age and the existing public benefits. ***See " When and how will we get P-EBT?" for details.***

Where are new P-EBT cards mailed?

New cards with the P-EBT food benefit will be mailed to the most recent address the NYC Department of Education has on file for your student. You will receive instructions by mail on how to set up a PIN number for the new card.

Who do I contact if I have questions or need help with P-EBT?

New York State is administering P-EBT. If you have questions about P-EBT, call the P-EBT Food Benefits Helpline: 1-833-452-0096 or email: otda.sm.eisp.PEBT@otda.ny.gov. NYC Human Resources Administration (HRA) is not able to assist with P-EBT questions, even if you have an existing SNAP case with HRA.

How do I check our P-EBT food benefits balance?

Visit www.connectebt.com or call 1-888-328-6399.

For those who will receive P-EBT on a Medicaid card, whose card will the P-EBT benefits go on?

P-EBT food benefits will go on the Medicaid Common Benefit Identification Card (CBIC) of the head of household. If the head of household does not have Medicaid, P-EBT benefits will go on the CBIC of the oldest child in your household with Medicaid. You will get instructions by mail for how to set up a PIN number for the card so that you can use the P-EBT food benefits. Please note: The CBIC is different from the card issued by the health insurance company.

How can I get a replacement Medicaid card?

Call the P-EBT Food Benefits Helpline: 1-833-452-0096 to request a replacement card.

P-EBT Troubleshooting

Food Benefits for All NYC Public School Students